Outgoing Octopus

Yuff

Re: Outgoing Octopus

Post by Yuff »

Krill wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:33 pm They put three sections on the bill, import export and gas. If a section is missing just email them and wait a week while they sort it.
Thanks Krill, will do that.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
nowty

Post by nowty »

A small taste of things to come on my export tariff.

I had some extra hours of 7.5p cheapslot this morning from the octopus on the IOG till the sun came out. So batteries full, house warm and exporting in December at 15p. :twisted:

15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

nowty wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:05 pm A small taste of things to come on my export tariff.

I had some extra hours of 7.5p cheapslot this morning from the octopus on the IOG till the sun came out. So batteries full, house warm and exporting in December at 15p. :twisted:

Have you applied recently? How long should it take?

I filled out the form to get on Octopus Outgoing a week-or-two back and haven't heard a sausage.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Stinsy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:07 pm Have you applied recently? How long should it take?

I filled out the form to get on Octopus Outgoing a week-or-two back and haven't heard a sausage.
Thats what the thread is about, if you go back to the start you can see what happened and when, but to summarise it took about 7 weeks from start to finish. It could have been a week shorter if my FIT provider had got back to me without further prompting. But it was still pretty painless, the timelines were,

8th Oct - Applied online, there was about 1 week of pre application work getting the re-confirmation from the DNO as I had lost everything and needed a confirmation letter from them before I could apply online to Octopus.

31st Oct - Received email from Octopus about DNO has OK'd the export MPAN and I need to contact my FIT provider to cancel my deemed exports and provide proof.

13th Nov - Received email confirmation back from FIT provider after an email chase up.

21st Nov - Octopus confirm they have received my FIT provider confirmation.

22nd Nov - Octopus asks me for an opening Export Meter reading with photo from my smart meter.

23rd Nov - Confirmation from Octopus its all up and running, it actually started from the beginning of the 22nd which was fantastic as it meant that there were 5 working days before the second saving session which is the minimum number of readings for the baseline calculation to be valid with an export MPAN.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

nowty wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:32 pm
Stinsy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:07 pm Have you applied recently? How long should it take?

Thats what the thread is about, if you go back to the start you can see what happened and when, but to summarise it took about 7 weeks from start to finish. It could have been a week shorter if my FIT provider had got back to me without further prompting. But it was still pretty painless, the timelines were,

8th Oct - Applied online, there was about 1 week of pre application work getting the re-confirmation from the DNO as I had lost everything and needed a confirmation letter from them before I could apply online to Octopus.

31st Oct - Received email from Octopus about DNO has OK'd the export MPAN and I need to contact my FIT provider to cancel my deemed exports and provide proof.

13th Nov - Received email confirmation back from FIT provider after an email chase up.

22nd Nov - Octopus asks me for an opening Export Meter reading with photo from my smart meter.

23rd Nov - Confirmation from Octopus its all up and running, it actually started from the beginning of the 22nd which was fantastic as it meant that there were 5 working days before the second saving session which is the minimum number of readings for the baseline calculation to be valid with an export MPAN.
Hilarious! As I was reading that I received an email from Octopus!

Do they really need manual meter readings? Can they not read my smartmeter?

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
richbee

Post by richbee »

Stinsy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:54 pm
nowty wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:32 pm

Hilarious! As I was reading that I received an email from Octopus!

Do they really need manual meter readings? Can they not read my smartmeter?
It took them a while to update me to smart meter readings for my outgoing account, but they eventually caught up and backdated what they had missed.
I sent them the required photos and readings - I assumed it was mainly to prove the initial readings
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

You need to make sure the settings are all correct in the app.
I had an email confirming I was up and running but I couldn’t see any export numbers and they had to add some settings manually.
All up and running now but my recent bill didn’t show any export figures so I emailed them last week about that.
Last edited by Yuff on Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
nowty

Post by nowty »

Stinsy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:54 pm Hilarious! As I was reading that I received an email from Octopus!
Did you get your deemed export from Octopus ?, just wondering why it was so quick.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

nowty wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:31 pm
Stinsy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:54 pm Hilarious! As I was reading that I received an email from Octopus!
Did you get your deemed export from Octopus ?, just wondering why it was so quick.
No FiT unfortunately. Have never registered for export payments before because I tried to export nothing. However now import is 7.5p and export is 15p it is worthwhile exporting. The saving seasons provoked me into action…

Andy

Post by Andy »

It's interesting I was doing come calculations a few days ago for the life time cost per kWh for my pylon tech stack. The money I'd get from time shifting the night to day on the octopus Tariff was about the same. So, doing the time shift is a zero gain evolution for me + it is wearing out all the equipment?

But.... There is also the life time degradation of the stack to consider. So is it worth just going balls out on the transfer and taking the sunshine benefits and storage when I can so that at least the stack is earning real savings on the solar and paying for itself before it degrades based on calendar time rather than cycle time.

What's the next technology we will all be embracing for storage next :P It would be cool to drop in a shipping container with some sort of redux technology which allows longer term time shiftimg of the solar.