Ripple project 3 webinar date

Fintray

Ripple project 3 webinar date

Post by Fintray »

Just got an email announcing the date of project 3 webinar - Wednesday 19th April at 7pm.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
nowty

Re: Ripple project 3 webinar date

Post by nowty »

Registered and in the diary. :mrgreen:

See you all there, well in spirit at least. ;)
16.9kW PV > 102MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

And they've announced it's going to be 20 miles from me, living here in Torridge in Devon. I'll be putting our remaining 40% allowance in to it and can pop over and take some progress photos as it goes through the build.
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with two immersions
2 x Woodwarm wood burning stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Energy Kirk Hill 3.8kw
nowty

Post by nowty »

42MW :twisted:

I’ll take a 10 thousandth share in it. :mrgreen:

‘O’ date of late Summer is a bummer though. :evil:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

nowty wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:15 am 42MW :twisted:

I’ll take a 10 thousandth share in it. :mrgreen:

‘O’ date of late Summer is a bummer though. :evil:
I’m a bit gutted I missed out on the first 2 projects, but only got into all of this in September last year, mind you it took 6. On the to get it all organised.
It seems to me anything investment wise, if the first 2 projects are anything to go by, is worth doing.
My only concern is saturating the market with all of this but with green energy only set to increase in demand and EV and electric heating also going upwards in use this is surely a no brainier from an investment point of view?
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
nowty

Post by nowty »

Investment wise I’ll be happy to get my money back with inflation. I am well over 100% of annual use so my motivation now is to attempt to offset my flights. Im sitting in a Naples cafe trying to work out co2 pet person per flight.

It seems that a £1000 investment in P3 would roughly offset 1 return flight to here every year till I die or stop flying due to old age.

So a £4k investment might offset the two of us doing 2 annual flights to the med. For me it’s a no bullsh1t carbon offset scheme and you get live carbon savings on your dashboard as well as the real cash going into your octopus account.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Share offer open - wonder what a good amount to go in for would be? Not drowning in spare cash but want to get involved with an amount that makes a difference.

Edit - found this in the share offering document

"According to Ripple’s modelling, someone buying about £3,000 of shares in the co-op equating to 2,950 watts might be expected to generate
2,900kWh each year. This is projected to create savings of about £280 in the first full year of generation (2025), and an average of £170 saving
per annum over the solar park’s life . It is projected that the payback period (the time it takes for your savings to equal or exceed the cost of your
investment) will be 16 years (part of which is the construction period)."

Oof. Think I'm out.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I have bought in to offset the future vagaries of politics and fuel gouging. In addition I am offsetting my flight carbon count. Thirdly, the pure cool kudos of owning a VPV solar rig. :ugeek:

I'm not getting hung up on the predictions as they are just that and the Ukraine invasion showed how catastrophically the real world can smash apart the prediction models.

I think that anyone who can chuck in a few Bob to get themselves away to any degree from the power companies should. There is the installment window (which I have used) and there may yet be a further offer down the road if it doesn't sell out and if you/they have bought in during the initial offer?

They (Ripple) are beholden to present a pessimistic scenario. I am looking longterm and beyond my death. Money is certainly power but power is also.....power. :oops: :lol: 8-)

My final reason is geographical spread of generation sites and rolling the dice on at least one doing the business on any given day. I will be Aberdeenshire, Ayrshire, South Wales and Devon. Also Sutherland for the hydroturbine generation. So that's five. Hopefully the 6th site will be in England? :lol:

None of what I have written will fit any one person precisely but it is worth a thought. One of the greatest difficulties I have witnessed in humans is the ability to look/think beyond the immediate horizon and today's wish. Breaking free of that particular blinker set was one of the foundation stones in my becoming wealthy/rich. Anyway, all the best to those who weigh in on DW VPV and fair play to those that don't.
Last edited by Joeboy on Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

I don't think I'm in on this one. Wind I would be, solar no. I'd rather spend the money uprating my PV and not be beholden to anyone.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

When Ripple announced their first project, Graig Fatha, the projections were conservative, based upon historical data and the then current stable energy prices. The ROI was suggested to be fourteen years, so for a wind farm with a 20 -25 year lifespan it offered the possibility of 6-11 years worth of wholesale energy at zero cost. More importantly than this, then for us, it was the opportunity to be part of community based renewable energy generation for the UK with the likelyhood that it would be our descendants who benefitted more from our investment than ourselves.
Since that first tentative step energy prices have rocketted such that the anticipated ROI of fourteen years for Graig Fatha has now reduced considerably with a likely 50% of our investment returned by end of year two rather than year seven.

Other than being a solar farm as opposed to wind it would seem that little has changed from Ripples first offer to that presented for their third project this week. The exception being that of an anticipated 16 year ROI against 14 years for the wind farm albeit covered by an increased lifespan of 40 years compared to winds 25.