Quattro exporting 12kW leads to high voltage

Stinsy

Re: Quattro exporting 12kW leads to high voltage

Post by Stinsy »

My grid voltage tends to be in the high side too. With zero load/export from me it is typically between 247-253V. With the usual sag when I’m pulling large amounts of power in the cheap period.

Interestingly I was charging my car last night and at 4AM the grid voltage suddenly jumped from 235.9V to 240.6V. At the same moment my consumption increased from 7434W to 7768W. I guess the charger in my BEV was pulling constant current and therefore pulled more power as the voltage increased. I wonder what happened locally to induce such a change. I haven’t noticed anyone else locally with a BEV, I guess if several people on the same phase as me on the same transformer topped charging their BEVs at the same moment that’d be the result…
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Andy

Re: Quattro exporting 12kW leads to high voltage

Post by Andy »

It's interesting that you all run with such high voltages seemingly ok. I have read anecdotal stories that the high voltage causes a higher rate of failures of electrical goods. Interesting that you don't seem to have heard of any. It's a nice side effect of higher voltage = faster charging of the car etc.